Install portable Apache server
The Apache server download can be found from repository: Apache
Once the zip is extracted, inside the folder you can run the server with Start.exe.
Before starting the server, you must enter the path where realm-crafting is located.
Click in the menu on Apache then as in the image:
Search the directory where realm-crafting is located.
Once you have validated the path, this will indicate success.
Then click on Start Apache which will start the server and open the editor.
Install Apache with EasyPHP
The Apache server EasyPHP download can be found here: EasyPHP
With EasyPHP you will need to activate modules to make Realm-Crafting work correctly. In particular the cURL, pdo_sqlite and sqlite3 module.
If you do not want to have its modules to activate, use the Apache portable version which has its modules which have been activated for you.
Start EasyPHP then make some settings in this order:
- Open the Dashboard with a right click on the EasyPHP icon in the taskbar
- Click on the small cogwheel (server settings) below HTTP SERVER at the top.
- Click on PHP in the left menu then choose the most recent PHP version from the list.
- Now go down to 'Dynamic Extensions' and activate the following extensions: curl, pdo_sqlite and sqlite3 then click on the 'Save' button (See here the tutorial)
- Now click on HTTP SERVER in the left menu and choose your version of Apache
- In PHP version choose the most recent version of PHP (the one you edited just before). Leave port 80 and click on the start button.
The server is now configured and started.
- Now click on the little house in the bar at the top to return to the Dashboard
- Click on the “+add directory” button to add where realm-crafting is located (the zip you unzipped).
- In the edsa- put 'realm-crafting/' and in Path put the path where the realm-crafting/ directory is found (for example for me it is in 'D:realm-crafting')
- Then click on 'save'.
- You can now click on The name you entered 'realm-crafting'. This will open the project manager which does not yet contain a project.
And that's all.
Create a project
Then continue this tutorial to create a new project in the section: Getting started with Realm Crafting
I hope this mini tutorial has been a little useful for you to get started with Realm Crafting.